Saturday, January 10, 2009

Man up, Lying Sissies!

Mike Vick made a mistake. We've all heard that statement ad nauseum. Really? The only mistake Vick made was getting caught. You and I both know that, had he not been caught, his dogfighting ring would still be fully operational. The truth of the matter is that he committed a felony. This is more important than making a mistake. Don't whitewash your guilt, Mikey. Man up! Say "I committed a felony. It was a heinous crime. I intend to do my time and return to my life." That, I could buy!
I can live with Lyle Alzado saying that using steroids (which caused his death from brain cancer at age 43) was a mistake. Technically, he committed a crime. But Alzado did not stab, shoot or beat anyone. He did not gather his posse and wreak havoc at a titty club or a Super Bowl party or conduct an armed incursion on a hotel room. These are crimes; not mistakes.
"I made a mistake in judgement."
EUPHEMISM: The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
Might I add "A chickenshit copout by someone who knows theirs is one caught ass."
What about "misspoke"? Whatever happened to taking the bullet? Misspoke? You lied!! Man up and admit it. "Yes, your honor. I admit I got caught trying to blow sunshine up Miss Chesty's skirt. I'm very sorry and I'll take whatever punishment the court dictates." Think you'll ever hear that?
Again, this is all just my opinion. To quote the irascible Fountainbleu Thrashberry: "I assure you that I am NOT the source of the moisture trickling down your lower extremity; It really IS raining!

No comments: